Feature pack is the new fix-pack name that would put emphasis on new features insert instead the usual bug-fix available.
The complete detail list will be probably published tomorrow, but this are some of the features inserted on FP8
- Move views out of databases: move views out of databases into separate view index files (.NDX files),this feature is useful for large databases for smaller db size, faster backup and better performance.
- Java JRE version 1.8 provided with Domino New notes.ini setting KeepReplyForwardMime=1 to Notes standard clients. This setting retains MIME message formatting when users reply to or forward messages received from the internet maintaing MIME Notes Rich Text which can cause some MIME formatting to be lost.
- Notes browser plug-in is no longer part of Notes package (replaced by ICAA)
- ADFS 3.0 now supported as a SAML federated identity provider
- Windows 2016 server support introduced
- New Notes setting introduced File > Preferences > Mail. Then click the Basics tab and select Show display names as interent address.
To have more deatails about the features introduced you can see this page for Domino , this page for Notes, for develers things please read this blog post from Sir. Paul Withers .
If you have installed Verse On premise on your server you have to follow some steps after the feture pack setup as described inside this Roberto's blogpost.