Thursday, June 15, 2017

IBM Connections : how to fix search issue during a side by side migration

During a side by side migration from IBM Connections 4.5 to 5.5 I've noted search index wasn't updating anymore.
One of the steps I usually check during migrations is the list of the Indexing node with the following 2 commands from wsadmin prompt
  • execfile("searchAdmin.py")
  • SearchService.listIndexingNodes()

in this case the issue was clear because I saw the 3 new Indexing nodes but also the older nodes was present.


Indexing Node Id: icNode2:InfraCluster_server2, Last Crawl Version: 1,491,624,060,413, Indexer: true, Out of Date: false
Indexing Node Id: IcNode1:InfraCluster_server1, Last Crawl Version: 1,491,624,060,413, Indexer: true, Out of Date: false
Indexing Node Id: IcNode3:InfraCluster_server3, Last Crawl Version: 1,491,624,060,413, Indexer: true, Out of Date: false
Indexing Node Id: ic55Node02:InfraCluster_server2, Last Crawl Version: 1,490,272,261,004, Indexer: true, Out of Date: false
Indexing Node Id: ic55Node01:InfraCluster_server1, Last Crawl Version: 1,490,202,060,967, Indexer: true, Out of Date: false

Indexing Node Id: ic55Node03:InfraCluster_server3, Last Crawl Version: 1,490,202,060,967, Indexer: true, Out of Date: false

there is a wsadmin command for every needs  :-)   so I tried to fix my issue with the following commands
  • execfile("searchAdmin.py")
  • SearchService.removeIndexingNode("IcNode2:InfraCluster_server2")
but in this case the command was working only for 1 node of the 3 , and the other 2 was getting some generic errors.

At this steps the index wasn't still updating automatically and from wsadmin console I was able to see some search scheduled task in the past .

After this I opened a PMR and I've fixed the issue with following steps:
  • Build a new search index in background using the command
    SearchService.startBackgroundIndex("/opt/tmp/back-crawl", "/opt/tmp/back-extracted", "/opt/tmp/back-index","all_configured")
  • I've opened the HOMEPAGE database with a dbclient (I've used dbvisualizer ) and then I deleted the old server from  SR_INDEX_MANAGEMENT  table.
  • Clear scheduled task from wsadmin console    ( to be sure  I launched also the clearScheduler.sql like described in same page)
  • Restore of the new search index    made at first point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.