I love to talk about this release because in my opinion is a HUGE update with a lot of useful features:
- When a user files an email, Verse On-Premises can suggest folders to use based upon the user's previous selections and content contained in the email.
- When composing an email, a user has the option to mark the email as confidential in the subject line.
- The email compose window has a minimize and restore button that enables users to view other emails while composing a new message. This enhancement eliminates the need for users to save an email being composed as a draft while checking other email.
- The option to empty the trash is readily available at the top of the folder or inbox.
- The calendar can display a second time zone in the right margin, providing quick access to meeting times for two different zones.
- The calendar view can be printed.
- Click to chat capabilities are enhanced with an option to register a custom extension for a user-preferred chat client.
- Extensibility and customization enhancements that enable clients to tailor the experience to meet the needs of the organization include:Color and theme modifications
- Support for adding a submenu in the navigation bar
- Support for optional integration with Gravatar for display pictures in the Important to Me bar, and Business Cards
- Calendar preview capability enables the administrator to configure Verse On-Premises to preview the ongoing enhancements to the calendar experience. This capability is off by default.
My top 3 features of this release are the calendar enhancements, the customization enanchements (css themes and colors) and the integration with gravatar service. that is a standards service for online avatar images based on email resolution.
To enable gravtar integration you have to enable the following notes.ini
and VOP will start to check the service to resolve the pics of the contacts ( below my pics and Wordpress pic resolved from gravatar, without IBM Connections profiles integration)
Another useful notes.ini it's the following to enable the new calendar event design preview
Another awesome new it's customers doesn't needs to upgrade Domino to V10 but 9.0.1 FP9+ could be enough:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and Windows™ Server 64-bit systems are supported.
The following are required:
- IBM® Domino® V9.01, Feature Pack 9, or later
- IBM Connections™ V5.5, or later
Here at this link you could find the announcement letters with more details and here you could find the complete what's new with the related info and screenshots.
In my opinion if you have a Domino Server supported , this upgrade it's a must have !
P.S This is not all ! VOP 1.0.6 it's planned late in this year and will include the ICS calendar support!