IBM and HCL today announced a definitive agreement under which HCL will acquire select IBM software products for $1.8 billion:
- Appscan for secure application development,
- BigFix for secure device management,
- Unica (on-premise) for marketing automation,
- Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel eCommerce,
- Portal (on-premise) for digital experience,
- Notes & Domino for email and low-code rapid application development, and
- Connections for workstream collaboration.
HCL and IBM have an ongoing IP Partnership for five of these products (maybe 5 sw will rest under IBM brand and sales channel? )
We will see the details during next days, right now this sounds to me as great and positive news for current ICS products, especially for IBM Connections and Portal.
I can't wait to hear first news about future plan and roadmap from HCL !