IBM Mail support for Microsoft Outlook (the software formerly Known As IBM Project Hawthorn ) is available for download !
At this page you can found the announcement letter with more info like the following :
- Send/Receive messages
- Draft sync
- Quota indicator
- Summary sync
- Folder support
- Notes encryption
- Freebusy lookup
- Room finder
- Client-wide features
- Automatic client updates
- Automatic send and or receive on network connection
- Offline support
- Out of the office support
Below the client system requirements
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 32-bit or Microsoft Office 32-bit with Service Pack 1 and the Office 2013 cumulative update for April 2014.
- A Microsoft Windows release supported by Outlook 2013.
Below the client part number
- Win 32/64 CND43ML
Below the Release notes:
And last the server part numebers:
- IBM mail Add-on 2.0.0 (for IMSMO) Linux 64 Multilingual (CNBK8ML )
- IBM mail Add-on 2.0.0 (for IMSMO) AIX 64 bit Multilingual (CNBK7ML )
Server system requirements (IMSO must be installed on Domino 9.0.1 FP6 IF1) :
- 64-bit IBM Domino® 9.0.1 on Windows with Fix Pack 6 or later.
- 64-bit IBM Domino 9.0.1 on AIX with Fix Pack 6 or later.
- 64-bit IBM Domino 9.0.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) with Fix Pack 6 or later.Note: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) is not supported.
- IMSA server
Note: The IMSA server should follow the Domino best practice of upgrading to the latest on-disk structure (ODS); as of Domino 9.0.1 (and subsequent fixpacks), the latest version is ODS52. Additional information can be found in this technote: Update to "Domino On-Disk Structure" for Domino 9.0.1: ODS52
Don't skip the features and limitation page.
IMHO the right and best way to work in 2016 should be IBM Verse + ICAA 1.0.1 for Notes legacy application but IBM support for Microsoft Outlook could be a nice feature that could be preferred in some case .